[Serusers] SER won't start: can't find PID file

Christian Thomas cthomas at canalwest.com
Tue Jan 11 22:27:03 CET 2005

Hi CJ,

Sorry for disturbing you but I have the same pb than you've got regarding
the serctl start with message.

Starting SER: cat: /var/run/ser.pid: No such file or directory.

SO for fun I touched a file with that name in that directory to see what
would happen. I then get:

Starting SER: PID file exists! (/var/run/ser.pid) already running?

This is all obtained by running "serctl start". Prior to running I  ran "ser
-ddd -P /var/run/ser.pid" then I run serctrl, but am left being stuck in
this situation.

I'm stuck too in this situation and perhaps you have resolved this
situation.

Hope you can help me.

best regards,
Christian Thomas

Diretor Executivo
cthomas at canalwest.com <mailto:cthomas at canalwest.com>
www.canalwest.com

Tel +55 (48) 2107 2728 / Fax +55 (48) 333 3745
Atendimento SP (11) 5644 9889
Atendimento RJ (21) 3523 0393

Atendimento SC (48) 3027 2450