[Serusers] Dynamic Routes with SER.

Darren Nay dnay at ionosphere.net
Mon Jan 10 16:06:29 CET 2005

Take a look in the SER Admin guide at "Executing an External Program".  You
can write an application with perl, C, etc.. Which will process the call
info and return a destination set.  This functionality is available using
the exec_dset function in SERs exec module.

I use this feature in our SER deployment and it works great.  The only
problem I've found so far is that it definitely does increases the resources
required per call, and hurts your scalability.  Especially if you use perl.
Try to use C if at all possible, or persistent perl at the very least.

Darren Nay