[Serusers] Using SER in conjunction with Asterisk questions

Nate Kapi natekapi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 20:19:46 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm looking at setting up SER along with an Asterisk PBX installation
and I have a few questions, as I've never used SER before.

What is an ideal setup for SER? I was going to use Redhat 9 and have
SER on one machine and Asterisk on another. Is this best or should
they both be on one machine?

How will SER handle the requests for the PSTN and internal extensions
setup on the Asterisk machine? How should asterisk register with SER
and SER with asterisk? Sorry if these questions are to broad. Any
asterisk + SER installation tips or links are appreciated. Thanks in
advance!