[Serusers] softphones

Ian Bonham ianbonham at sftalk.net
Fri Jan 7 21:58:07 CET 2005

X-Ten have some great products, but their sales support have been a bit lazy
in responding to my requests I've found. Hopefully better news for you all
later on that one.

There is an interesting project at https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/

This impliments a Java SIP Phone, and is open source so could be modified to
your projects I guess. I'm looking at it for the future, but have not got to
grips with it yet. Maybe tomorrow! :)

SJPhone is really quite good. Not up there with the X-Ten GUI, but a capable
client and for me I've found the Windows/Linux/WinCE compiles useful if you
are looking to deploy over hardware from Desktop to WiFi Organiser. (
http://www.sjlabs.com/ )

Finally, if you are working with Linux desktops, Kphone is getting quite good.
Still needs work, but reliable and useful at the mo I've found.

hth,

Ian B