[Serusers] Urgent Cisco CFwdALL Problem

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Jan 5 22:02:46 CET 2005

Hello:

   We just discovered a problem and I am hoping someone on this
list can help.

    Our SER users have Cisco 7960 phones with the SIP v6.3.0
image. All inbound and outbound calling scenerios are working
as expected. One person just tried using the call forward all
feature of the phone to send all calls elsewhere (off the VoIP
cloud) because they will be away for a period of time.

  Now when someone calls their number they get a reorder tone
and an operator generated message saying the called party is
unavailable. I've tried capturing the status of this call but all
attempts to get the status and subsequently redirect the call
to the forwarded number fail in the same way.

  Has anyone experienced this? If so can you share an example
of how you fixed it. This is kind of a pressing issue so any
help you can provide is most appreciated.

Thanks
Steve