[Serusers] Failed to call to PSTN

Wayne Chen wayne.chen16 at msa.hinet.net
Tue Jan 4 16:27:37 CET 2005

Dear sirs,

I have a AS5300 setup as PSTN and it works fine to place from PSTN to SIP
gateway in IP network. Now I want to place calls to PSTN with prefix '2' and
the prefix should be striped before forward to PSTN, but I always get "404
not found" from SER server. Could anyone help me to debug my setting on
ser.cfg?
I attached my ser.cfg file as below:

#
# $Id: ser.cfg,v 1.21.4.1 2003/11/10 15:35:15 andrei Exp $
#
# simple quick-start config script
#

# ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------

#debug=3         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
#fork=yes
#log_stderror=no  # (cmd line: -E)

/* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
debug=7
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
*/

check_via=no      # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
#port=5060
#children=4
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"

loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"

# Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

# -- usrloc params --

#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)

# -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
#
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
#
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")

# -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

# -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------

# main routing logic

route{

      # initial sanity checks -- messages with
      # max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
      if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
            sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
            break;
      };
      if ( msg:len > max_len ) {
            sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
            break;
      };

      # we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
      # subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
      # particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
      # use different transport protocol
      record_route();
      # loose-route processing
      if (loose_route()) {
            t_relay();
            break;
      };

      # if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
      # (in case, it does not work, use the following command
      # with proper names and addresses in it)
      if (uri==myself) {

            if (method=="REGISTER") {

# Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
#                 if (!www_authorize("iptel.org", "subscriber")) {
#                       www_challenge("iptel.org", "0");
#                       break;
#                 };

                  save("location");
                  break;
            };

            # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
            if (!lookup("location")) {
                  sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
                  break;
            };
      };

        #handle PSTN calls
        if (uri=~ "^sip:2"){
                log(1,"Forwarding to PSTN/n");
                strip(1);
                rewritehostport("220.XX.XX.XX:5060");
                if (!t_relay()) {
                        sl_reply_error();
                        break;
                };
        };

      # forward to current uri now; use stateful forwarding; that
      # works reliably even if we forward from TCP to UDP
      if (!t_relay()) {
            sl_reply_error();
      };

}

I also try t_relay_to_udp() and forward(), but both can't help to forward
call to PSTN gateway.

Regards,
Wayne