[Serusers] SEMS & vm

Ian Bonham ianbonham at sftalk.net
Mon Jan 3 13:22:17 CET 2005

Hi All,

I've got my SER collecting incoming POTS calls now, thanks to those that gave
me some pointers.

However, I'm in the glue again trying to setup SEMS and vm. Can anyone point
me to a simple howto that will step me through the process?

I have SER running on a single server, and would like SEMS and vm running on
that same box. Basically I would like the calls to divert to vm after about 15
seconds if there's no answer.

>From reading the bits I can find, is it true I need two instances of SER
running, with one proxy handling calls and then redirecting to the second SER
with SEMS on a time out? If I need 2 instances of SER running with different
ser.cfg files, what sort of cpu overhead does this put on a single server? Is
it possible to run the voice mail redirect on once instance of SER?

Is there a simple howto out there to guide me through it?

Much thanks,

Ian Bonham