[Serusers] DNS

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sun Jan 2 11:10:53 CET 2005

Well, trying to think in straight lines here:
1. Too many hops should be sent as a result of the following line in your ser.cfg:
if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10"))
2. So, we have one of two possibilitites:
    a) The test triggers when it should not
    b) The test is correct
3. b) is very likely (unless you have a config error), so we have the following possibilities:
    i) The header has currectly recorded too many hops when it reaches ser
    ii) The Max-Forwards header is set to too low in the INVITE
    iii) ser forwards the INVITE to itself over and over until too many hops is reached

Have I missed anything?  Maybe you could post the tcpdump and xpro logs?
g-)