[Serusers] More call transfer questions

Evan Borgstrom evan.borgstrom at ca.mci.com
Mon Feb 28 22:43:45 CET 2005

Hey Steve,

	The reason you don't see the REFER is because it wont be sent until
after the re-INVITE is responded to. The idea here is that you are going
to "flash" to a new line or use the Conf/Join buttons on the Cisco
phones which means that the session must be modified before the REFER
can be sent. In your case the re-INVITE will modify the ports and media
parameters in the session and will (usually) move the call from sendrecv
to sendonly state (check the a= tags in the SDP) it will also specify
new parameters in the m= tag in the SDP. The GW needs to respond with a
200 OK before your UA will send a REFER message.

-Evan