[Serusers] SER+SERWEB+SEMS Deployment

matt morris mmorris36 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 08:58:11 CET 2005

Hello List,

I'm a new user of SER. Just some questions about how I could deploy
SER+SERWEB+SEMS, possibly on separate hosts, as I plan to have more than one
SER proxy server with a centralized web server and media/voice mail server

(1) Basically what features will I be missing if I decide to omit the fifo
functions (if possible) in serweb? ( aliases, add new contact SIP address
and who are online would be three features, right?)

(2) I saw in one of the threads that there is a  fifo_server.php file
available for fifo-Internet relay, but not quite sure how to use it. Could
someone give me some pointers?

(3) Somewhere in the mailing list I saw the "fifo_db_url" global
declaration, is it a feature only available in version 0.9.0? And is there a
serweb version that will work with ser 0.9.0?

(4) I have not tried SEMS yet, but since it also communicates with SER via
fifo, I would assume it has to be in the same host as SER, right? Are there
any existing modules/plugins that will allow SER and SEMS on different
hosts? If not, would it be more scalable if I build an Asterisk box to
handle voice mails?

(5) If I have multiple SER proxy servers on different hosts, how could UA
Alpha registered with SER proxy A be able to call UA beta which registered
with SER proxy B? What setup/configuration would I need?

I know I have some dumb questions - I'm new to voip and SER. Please try to
help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you all in advance.

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.