[Serusers] SIP encrypted calls

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Fri Feb 25 20:09:47 CET 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 12:02, Stefano wrote:
> I'd like to encrypt media, but i thought there should be some client that
> can do it
> without changing proxy behaviour!

There are clients. See my previous mail. SRTP is completely transparent for
SIP proxies.

> Anyway IPSec seems a good solution, but if I configure the proxy server for
> IPSec, can i handle both encrypted and not encrypted calls?

You should be able to receive messages encrypted over IPSec as well as the
plain old messages.
But this solution will only work if you put an IPSec gateway in front of a
complete subnetwork with phones in it or use only soft-phones. Because I do
not know any hard phones which support IPSec (correct me if I'm wrong).

Greetings
  Nils