[Serusers] SER+Asterisk on high loads

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 18:39:01 CET 2005

I would agree, at one point I was taking calls on asterisk etc, but its
the wrong way of doing it, get ser to do all the donkey work, and then
use asterisk or whatever b2bua to take care of billing, if like me you
need voicemail etc, then just use asterisk to do both function..
Using ser you can redirect to various backend asterisk boxes to help with
scaling, and in the middle also take care of the mediastream, and
natting issues.

As for the pstn , just either handoff from ser, or you could habd off
from asterisk (waste), if u want toi manipulate callerid, let me know
how also, cause I am having the same problem, ser really cant do it,
since it does not maintain state, hence I am thiking of having a special
route for calls who need to have CLID changed, route them to asterisk
get them changed and then forward them to a SIP device...this sounds a
bit crazy but I cant see how else to do it

Now if someone can just tell me whats the easiest way to debug calls, I
have logs logs and more logs, but it never makes sense...well not easily
because of the multiple invites etc, tracing one call path...there must
be a way

Iqbal