[Serusers] SER+Asterisk on high loads

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 13:06:44 CET 2005

what u need to know is not how many registrations etc, but how many calls
their will be simultaneously, especially if you will be handling the
media stream also, I have heard figures ranging from ser handling 2000+
and asterisk about 80, but thats because those setups use asterisk for
the mediastream.

As long as you design it so that it can be scaled horizontally, u will
just need to throw more hardware at it..thats all

Iqbal