[Serusers] DNS SRV lookup issue

Zeus Ng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Fri Feb 25 04:57:19 CET 2005

For that, I don't know. However, I would say SER is doing the right thing on
RR SRV lookup but that's just my opinion.

The purpose of SRV record is to help application finding
1) IP address
2) port number
3) priority (weight) of the service

As you have already specified the port number, the RR SRV lookup would
become redundant. What happen if the port number in the RR record is
different to what you specified? There must be a reason to specify the port
number in URI and SER should honour that.

Zeus