[Serusers] JAIN SI, javax.sip.PeerUnavailableException and Java 1.5

Graham D Forsyth gdf at cs.stir.ac.uk
Thu Feb 24 18:27:42 CET 2005

Hi. I am using JAIN-SIP to create a SIP message client.

When trying to create Message, Address and Header factories using
SipFactory, my program throws a PeerUnavailableException. This also occurs
when I try to create a SIP stack- I get the following exception:

javax.sip.PeerUnavailableException: The Peer SIP Stack:
gov.nist.javax.sip.SipStackImpl could not be instantiated. Ensure the Path
Name has been set.

I have set the path name to gov.nist. Does anyone know why I am getting
this exception even though I have set the SIP stack path? I am using Java
1.5.  Maybe because the JAR file has been compiled with Java 1.4.2  the
byte code is incompatible? Anyway I don't know. If anybody  has any ideas
about this please let me know.

Thanks,

Graham Forsyth

Graham Forsyth

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may