[Serusers] DNS SRV lookup issue

Chetan Gandhi gandhic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:21:08 CET 2005

Hi All,

I am facing problem to get SER to do a SRV lookup. I have the
following scenario…

Step 1:

SIP UA1 registers with SER (testdomain.com) with contact address
user at testdomain.com

SIP UA2 registers with SER (testdomain.com) with contact address
user at testdomain.com

Step 2:

SIP UA3 calls user at testdomain.com. This results in error "478
Unresolveable destination"

Problem

I would expect SER to do a DNS SRV lookup on testdomain.com and get
sip1.testdomain.com and sip2.testdomain.com. Unfortunately, SER only
does A and AAAA query. (verified via ethereal) and does not do SRV
lookup. How can I make it do SRV lookup ? I am using the default
ser.cfg file.

FYI: using host -t srv _sip._udp.testdomain.com gives me the correct
SRV response.

DNS entries

_sip._udp.testdomain.com.                     3600     IN         SRV
   0          1          5060     sip1.testdomain.com.

_sip._udp.testdomain.com.                     3600     IN         SRV
   0          1          5060     sip2.testdomain.com.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Chetan