[Serusers] Do ser + asterisk_b2bua work ?

Mike Tkachuk mike at yes.net.ua
Wed Feb 23 09:47:17 CET 2005

Hello Charles,

I'm developer of this project, see inline comments.

CW> Dear ALL:

CW> I find a program named "asterisk_b2bua" on
CW> http://developer.berlios.de/projects/b2bua/

CW> And I also download them(two components) and try to test it.
1st component it's AGI script that do b2bua functionality.
2nd it's patched version of asterisk. I had no time to make good
patches, that's why it full patched version. (I will do patches for
1.0.5 soon)
CW> But I have not enough knowledge about asterisk. It seems a Software PBX.
CW> Does asterisk_b2bua work? Does anybody ever try it?

It works in production. Few tenth of calls are relayed, for me it
stable enough.

CW> I have questions about my scenario.

CW>                    |======================> UA2          (Internet)
UA1 ===>> SER ===> Asterisk B2BUA ===> Trunking A (PSTN)
CW>                       CDR + Prepaid + Handle Calls(Tear-down when call
CW> during limited)
CW>                                    Authentication ( Radius / DB )

CW> Q1. Will Asterisk's B2BUA pass through the "To" (such as
CW>       0939749xxx at ser.xxx.net.tw PSTN number) to Trunking A?
CW>       In another word, is the B2BUA not necessary to rewrite the phone number?

It can rewrite, or it can left it unchanged (2 rewriting functions
exists - simple rewriting, like asterisk rewriting, and advanced using
regular expressions)

CW> Q2. How can B2BUA know when to tear-down this call if the call has some limits.
CW>       For example, UA1 has only 120 seconds to use this International call.

You must return Session-Timeout attribute from your radius server for
it.

CW> Q3. Is it necessary for Radius Authentication? Is it possible if no
CW> radius exists
CW>       and SER and Asterisk use the same MySQL database.

It developed it to use with radius, but you can check AGI scrpit, it written
in PERL, and I think very simple, you can add any functionality.

CW> Q4. What do I need to download and setup when I use Asterisk
CW>       to start this prepaid compoment? The first one shall be
CW> asterisk-1.0.5.tar.gz.
CW>       Maybe some Mysql supported scripts or installaion. And any more??

You need to download 2 parts of application and install them. Some
short instructions inside

CW> Best Regard
CW> Charles

P.S. It's SER maillist, I think you should write to forum at
b2bua.berlios.de (or I will create some maillist there.)

P.P.S. It's first version of this tool, so don't punch me very much
about bugs ;)

--
Best regards,

Mike Tkachuk,     ph:380-3433-47067