[Serusers] "Best practice" document, was Warning: sl_send_reply: I won't send a reply for ACK!!

Iqbal Gandham iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 14:22:38 CET 2005

I would disagree with serweb, I think its very googd, especially the
newer version which implements domain based system, hence if you are
supporting several virtual sip providers it provides a good base
platform on which to add things/features.

You mentioned that you only use the mediaproxy when one or both are
behind NAT, if this is the case (and a good one :-)), then how do you
handel the billing or is that done at the gateway i.e cisco , since if
the media stream is not passing through, then its a bit hard to control
the call...which is why I originally went with asterisk, and passed the
calls through there, but am now moving more towards your suggestion of
using asterisk just for the conf calling/voicemail type of things.
Although its did have a nice rate engine built in :-)

Iqbal