[Serusers] aliases or callfwd

Iqbal Gandham iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 13:48:50 CET 2005

Hi

Just wanted to get a insight as to whether its best to use aliases or
callfwd for the scenario below:

I have inbound pstn numbers assigned to SIP addresses.
Now what i am currently doing is to assign this PSTN number as a alias
to a sip address

just as I would set 1111 to iqbal at sip.domain.com
I have set 0207xxxxxxx to iqbal at sip.domain.com

BUT I dont think this is the best way, since it then interferes with
"actual" aliases that I may have ...internal ones.

Can I instead use a call forward, so thay I enter the 0207 number in my
forward tabel instead...or will that not work, having said this again i
think it will interfere with my normal aliases. Has anyone setup a
separate table/entity to do inbound number processing, and keep it
separate/distinct from internally generated numbers

Iqbal