[Serusers] How to use avp_aliases?

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sat Feb 19 14:04:09 CET 2005

Basically what you do is to load the number to forward to by using
avp_db_load and then add code in failure_route to test on the return codes,
write the loaded number into ruri and use append_branch() to fork a new
request.  Paul posted an example on serusers
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2005-January/014807.html

He uses a more complex authorization structure for giving users access to
various types of calls (local, long distance, international), so you will
have to sort out the code necessary for the forwarding you want to do.
Here is what you need on failure_route[1] (remember to set t_on_failure[1]
before calling t_relay() ):

       # flag 26 means that a "forward busy" number is set
       # This flag is set if avp_db_load("$ruri","s:fwdbusy") resulted in a
an avpair being loaded (before t_relay())
      #  Code example using only username portion of ruri to look up avpair:
if (avp_db_load("$ruri/username", "s:fwdbusy")) { setflag(26) }
        if (isflagset(26) && t_check_status("486")) {

                # forward busy is flag 26
                if (avp_pushto("$ruri", "s:fwdbusy")) {
                        avp_delete("s:fwdbusy");
                        append_branch();
                        resetflag(26);

                        # route the call to IP or PSTN
                        route(2);
                        break;
                };
        };

g-)

Charles Wang wrote:
> Thank you for your kind to answer me these question.
> And because I can't find a lot of discussions at serusers's maillist.
> So I post it to serdev. I am very sorry to do that.
>
> I have no voicemail solution in my scenario. But I wanna implement the
> call busy forward and noanswer forward to another UA or PSTN.
> For example: if A call B and B is busy or noanswer, then forward this
> call to C or PSTN(defined by B). Is it possible?
>
> Why does almost discussions about avpops are about voicemail?
> Is it mean that system will send a voicemail to
> "1011 at domainA.com"(setting above at usr_preferences) if a UA is busy
> or noanswer?
>
> How can I implement it if I want to forward the busy call or noanswer
> call to PSTN or another UA(registed on the same machine)?
>

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:02:18 +0100, Greger V. Teigre
> <greger at teigre.com> wrote:
>> I don't think your message is appropriate for serdev, so I removed
>> it from the recipient list.
>> See inline comments.
>>
>> Charles Wang wrote:
>>> Dear ALL:
>>>
>>> I have defined these lines at my ser.cfg.
>>>
>>> modparam("avpops", "avp_url", "mysql://ser:heslo@localhost/ser")
>>> modparam("avpops", "avp_table", "usr_preferences")
>>> modparam("avpops", "uuid_column", "uuid")
>>> modparam("avpops", "username_column", "username")
>>> modparam("avpops", "domain_column", "domain")
>>> modparam("avpops", "attribute_column", "attribute")
>>> modparam("avpops", "value_column", "value")
>>> modparam("avpops", "type_column", "type")
>>> modparam("avpops", "avp_aliases",