[Serusers] Warning: sl_send_reply: I won't send a reply for ACK!!

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sat Feb 19 11:33:41 CET 2005

Hi Paul,
This warning seems to pop up every time we do a major change to the routing
logic in ser.cfg :-)  The warning will show up when an ACK message hits an
sl_send_reply.  An ACK should hit t_relay(), not sl_send_reply, which is
used for reponses to INVITE.  Look for a routing path where ACKs will reach
your sl_send_reply and route the ACK another way...

    It is really easy to mix-up the routing with a small change as one have
to picture how every single type of message will go through the logic.
There are a lot of tests and replies that only applies to INVITEs and one
solution would be to put all INVITE-related logic into a route[x] and then
call the route from the main route using: if(method=="INVITE") { route(x); }
    There are many ways to build a ser.cfg and I haven't really seen good
reference designs (i.e. how to handle different messages and segment logic
into route[x]s, etc). So, you have to be able to visualize every type of
message and how it will be processed (which, at least in my case, means
adding a lot log(1,"reached here") entries and doing tests...)
g-)