[Serusers] SIP_DOMAIN and bootup question

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:12:35 CET 2005

I've been looking through the admin manual and haven't found what I'm
looking for yet.

I point my SIP client to, say, domainname.com, and on my DNS server, I
point this to my SER system's IP address, say, 10.10.10.10.

When I had SIP_DOMAIN=10.10.10.10, I experienced long delays between
pressing hangup and the call actually being hung up.

When I changed this to SIP_DOMAIN=domainname.com and ran
/etc/init.d/ser restart, the behaviour is as expected.

I put export SIP_DOMAIN=domainname.com into /etc/profile and reboot
the system, I try dialing and then hanging up again, and it's back to
the same behaviour I mentioned above. If I run /etc/init.d/ser
restart, then it is fixed again.

Am I doing something wrong here? I don't want to have to run a manual
restart after every system boot.

Thanks in advance.