[Serusers] SIP phone Ringing for ever.......

Srinath Ramachandra srinath.ram.atreya at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:12:00 CET 2005

Dear All,

I am testing a SIP based CPE which is a System On Chip (SOC). SER is
the SIP server. When I make a call from A to B and if B is not picking
up the call, A recieves ringing tone until it is hung up. My question
is:

1. Is the CPE under test failing from the RFC 3261 point of view ?
2. Is there a provision in the SER config file, to terminate an INVITE
transaction if there is no response within a specified amount of time,
say 2 min ?

thanks in advance for your kind replies.