[Serusers] outbound proxy

ron ron at silverbackasp.com
Wed Feb 16 15:04:25 CET 2005

Hi,

I don't know if I understand it correctly, on the linksys pap2 there's a
configuration:

Proxy: <-- I think this means the SIP proxy
Outbound Proxy: <-- This one I thought is the media proxy.

The problem is that, when I put the ip address of my media proxy(i'm using
rtpproxy latest cvs version) on the Outbound proxy, the pap2 tries to
register on it, rather than on the SIP proxy defined at the Proxy: so in
effect I can't register. rtpproxy is "not" on the same box as the SIP proxy.
when I removed the value on the Outbound Proxy, then I can register to the
SIP proxy.

As I mentioned I'm using   rtpproxy, I executed it using this:

rtpproxy -l <ip address> -s udp:<ip address>:22000

I can see on the netstat that port 22000 is opened and using udp protocol.

Did I msiunderstood what outbound proxy is? Thank You

Regards,
Ronald

-- --
iTouch Communications, Inc.