[Serusers] Strange Remote-Party-ID behavior

Daniel Poulsen dpoulsen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:59:51 CET 2005

Hi,

I am seeing some strange behavior from SER.  I recently upgraded to a
circuit that supports caller ID.  I am running ser 0.8.14.  I set up
ser rpid for my users yesterday.  The strange behavior is this:

 In the initial SIP/SDP INVITE, Remote-Party-ID is set correctly as
sip:212400AAAA.  If the call gets answered by the party at the other
end, everything is great.  I see strange rpid stuff, however, if the
call gets cancelled before it is answered.

For example, I have a packet trace where The SIP/SDP INVITE comes in
with the correct number, but once the call is cancelled, the proxy
sends ACKs to the cisco AS5350 with other numbers listed in the
Remote-Party-ID that were not part of the call.  They are listed in my
database, but they weren't actively making phone calls at the time.  I
know this because some of the numbers I am seeing come through rpid
headers are my own (the phones are right in front of me).

Has anybody seen this?  I suppose it is not a problem per se,
especially seeing as how it only happens when an INVITE gets
CANCELled, but it does raise an eyebrow.

Thank you for your time.

Dan Poulsen