[Serusers] sdp_mangle_ip() - arguments

Alexander Philipp Lintenhofer lintenhofer at aon.at
Tue Feb 15 09:32:18 CET 2005

Hi there,

I have a question concerning the following situation:
One client makes a call to another client in the same (private) LAN over a SER
located in the public network. It is easy to check if both clients are behind
the same NAT. So one can avoid using the mediaproxy and therefore the
mediastream stays in the local LAN.

But there is a problem if one client uses STUN to detect the outbound IP of the
NAT-Box and changes the IP-Address of his SDP body. This value must be
recovered by SER - otherwise the RTP-stream of this local connection is relayed
over the public internet.

I managed getting the original IP-Address (external script which extracts the
IP-Addr from the Call-ID header, if it is there...) and store it persistant in
the Location Database.

My question: How is it possible to mangle the SDP-body by SER with the
sdp_mangle_ip() - function and a non static argument. I have to use this
function with an argument given by an external script. Is it possible or does
anybody know another possibility to get rid of this mess?

regards,
Philipp