[Serusers] accessing mySQL db by means of external scripts...

Esteban Maestre emaestre at iua.upf.es
Fri Feb 11 09:30:41 CET 2005

Hi Marian,

so I have to look into the internal DB API if I want to know the commands,
isn't it? where can I find informaction on the internal DB API? In the
code itself?

Imagine I want to use the table 'preferences' -currently unused by my
configuration, but created by the script- in a way I define, so I could
store some users' preferences, like, for instance, which users I don't
want to receive SUBSCRIBEs from, whether I want not to receive receive
calls from a concrete user, etc... A user is able, my means of an instant
message, activate and deactivate these preferences following concrete
syntax   format. Am I trying to do something wrong accessing DB by means
of mySQL queries from external scripts called by means of 'exec' module? I
don't know
whether there is a simpler way to do so...

Thanks again,

Esteban

> Hi Esteban,
>
> if you want to use DB transparently to which backend SER use, try the DB
fifo commands - all commands from the internal DB API are exported via
FIFO server.

> Best regards,
> Marian
>
> Esteban Maestre wrote:
>> Hi, SERusers...
>>
>> I have a question: in case i want to access and write into mySQL ser
database tables from an external script I call by using exec_msg(),
will this data remain there permanently? Will SER overwrite it?