[Serusers] Trouble Logging into SerWeb

Justin Pearce Justin at PriceVideo.com
Wed Feb 9 22:19:01 CET 2005

Greetings,

After picking up where my supervisor left off, I managed to get SerWeb properly installed on a system running Debian Linux. PHP, Apache, and MySQL are also installed (the correct versions) and are running properly.

The problem comes when I go to the Admin page for SerWeb. I enter the proper username and password (after using the serctl to change the password). When I click the login button, the form activates as though the information has been submitted. However, the form does not take me anywhere but the login screen. It also does not indicate a bad username or password.

I have configured ser's www_authorize and www_challenge lines to use the machine's IP address, as well as the config.php's root_uri, and set the line under domain name to "$this->realm=$this->domainname=$this->default_domain="<machine ip address>"".
I have also set Apache to use the IP address instead trying to guess the server name.

Am I missing something that is preventing this from working? Have I royally screwed up my configuration?

Please provide some insite as to what is going wrong here, as I am very new to Ser and SerWeb.

Thanks,
Justin