[Serusers] pa and some things I've noticed, using ser 0.9.0

Conny Holzhey yivi at holzhey.de
Wed Feb 9 16:24:43 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm running ser on a port diffrent from 5060, and I found some confusing
behaviour when dealing with presence. I've set the port in the ser.cfg
file to 5059.

When sending a PUBLISH message, it seems that I have to specify the port
number in the message start-line, i.e. the message starts with PUBLISH
sip:conny at 192.168.123.2:5059 SIP/2.0, and then ser answers with 200 ok.
If I skip the port number, I get a 408, Request Timeout. Is there some
configuration I'm missing that would fix this? Or is this the correct
behaviour? Actually I don't think that there should be a port number in
the PUBLISH, as this is mixing my (client) Request-URI with the server
port number. But I'm not sure, because so far I've tested my client only
on the same machine than the server, and this is sometimes a bit
confusing....

Same thing seems to be with REGISTER, and SUBSCRIBE, i.e. sending
SUBSCRIBE sip:user at 192.168.123.2:5059 SIP/2.0 works for some reason.

When I get a NOTIFY from ser, there is a minor issue with the pidf
document, the tuple start tag looks like <tuple id="9r28r49">ser">

When sending a subscribe with a header Expires: 0, ser seemingly doesn't
send a NOTIFY. This makes sense, as this is used to indicate that the
client wants to un-subscribe. On the other hand RFC 3856 says:

>   The subscriber can terminate the subscription by sending a SUBSCRIBE,
>   within the dialog, with an Expires header field (which indicates
>   duration of the subscription) value of zero.  This causes an
>   immediate termination of the subscription.  A NOTIFY request is then
>   generated by the presence agent with the most recent state.

Is there somewhere a public server running ser/pa that I could use for
testing my command-line PUA?

Regards, Conny
--
I'm looking for a job! Specially in telecommunication software
development, testing, design, management ... preferably contract, in