TR: [Serusers] rtpproxy general questions

Christian de Balorre cdebalorre at neotelecoms.com
Mon Feb 7 19:33:00 CET 2005

Thanks very much, very valuable info indeed.
I have a few questions that must have been asked a thousand times but I did not find any clear answer in archive :
Or can you point me to relevant doc ?

1) fix_nated_sdp :
- I guess you use this fonction if you want a nated ua to talk directly to another ua w/o rtproxy ?
- what is exactly the sdp field modified ? c ? o ?
- is it relevant if you use force_rtp_proxy ? (my guess is no...)

2) force_rport()
- Could not figure out the usefulness of this command... Deprecated by fix_nated_contact ?

3)force_rtp_proxy 'f' flag
-I really cannot figure out what it does (or does not!)  on a sip packet. I would just blindly use it but I would like to understand nonetheless :-)

Also I would need an advice :

You often see this portion of code at the beginning of a "main routing logic" config file :

        record_route();
        # loose-route processing
        if (loose_route()) {
                t_relay();
                break;

If I am correct it says "if this packet as already been processed by a sip proxy, route it accordingly".
But suppose a sip INVITE packet went through a first Proxy, then it will be routed back instead of being correctly processed with lookup("location") for exemple.

Would
        if ( !(method=="INVITE")) {
        if (loose_route()) { t_relay(); break; };

be more appropriate in this case ?

Thanks for your patience  -

Christian