[Serusers] Modifying "From" header field of an INVITE message

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Feb 7 08:25:12 CET 2005

Sorry about coming up with this now, I'm normally off the list in the
weekends ;-)

Without saying anything about whether you *should* manipulate From, it is
possible.  Here is something that should do what you originally wanted:
subst("/^From:."(.*)sip:([^@]*@[a-zA-Z0-9.]+(.*))$/From: "+\1sip:+\2/");

If you just changed the sip address and not the "name" tag, it would be a
safer replacement:
subst("/^From:(.*)sip:([^@]*@[a-zA-Z0-9.]+(.*))$/From:\1sip:+\2/");

g-)