[Serusers] External Calls Through Ser & Asterisk !!!

Iqbal Gandham iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 22:24:20 CET 2005

yup it should work, infact thats how I was routing out, but now am
changing, I am not passing the calls out from asterisk to my sip
provider, but sending out from SER, theproblem that I see here is, that
if you sip provider will not authenticate IP addresses, but requires a
user/pass , I cant see howto do that. I didnt see the point of sending
the call to asterisk, unless it was because I wanted asterisk to handle
the billing, since it has lots of already developed callng card apps,
but since I was using mediaproxy, and all my media stream were gogin to
go through SER, I felt I may as well just use asterisk for the voicemail
stuff, which it seems very good at doing

Iqbal