[Serusers] Modifying "From" header field of an INVITE message

scm-j at nuntius.com scm-j at nuntius.com
Sun Feb 6 01:46:58 CET 2005

Yes, it is level3.

I would prefer not to change the SER source as I would need to patch in
the change every time I upgrade to a new version of SER. Besides, my
other SIP  vendors do not require it.

Would a B2BUA, such as Vovida be a good choice? Or, preferably, since I
am already using Asterisk, and the INVITE is initiated by Asterisk (to
SER to Level-3), is there a way to have Asterisk format the "From" in
E.164 format ?

Thanks..

SCM