[Serusers] SER + mediaproxy and asterisk as voicemail....almost

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 23:18:21 CET 2005

Hi

Almost there with the setup, thanks to Java with some cool posts.

I have got ser and asterisk on the same box, on different IP addresses.
In addition to this I am running mediaproxy (I think this will be better
than nathelper+rtproxy, simply because of how it can be scaled/split
across servers).

So far:
I can call users from behind a NAT, to others behind the same
NAT/different NAT/networks

My pstn connection is also routed out from SER, since I dont wish to put
the E1 cards into asterisk just yet, so am using asterisk for all my
media stuff like voicemail etc.

The Problem:
When a user is busy I send to voicemail, this is done by using rewrite
command in ser.cfg

The rewrite happens to a extension configured in extensions.conf in
asterisk

Asterisk then calls the voice file, looking at logs it does that, and
even sends out an email.......BUT..........

I hear no recorded message :-)

No I am assuming this is something to do with NAT, since voice problems
9/10 times are. I looked at the mediaproxy logs (/var/log/messages), and
the error I got was a warning message:

warning: Received packet from a third party xx.yy.yy.yy:18880

last time I had this was because of my network bridge on win XP being
enabled

The IP address is that of my mediaproxy server.

I think it because the voice file is coming from the asterisk server
(also on public IP address) and it cannot find the NATted voip client.

tks
Iqbal