[Serusers] SER Reliability

Alexander Philipp Lintenhofer lintenhofer at aon.at
Thu Feb 3 23:57:45 CET 2005

/usr/local/ser/sbin/ser -P /var/run/ser.pid
and check the content of the pidfile (process-id)

But don't rely on the ser.pid. Sometimes it stays alive....

Tiny shellscript:

liveForever.sh
#!/bin/bash
while [ 1 ]
do
    if ! $(ps ax | grep -q '[s]er ')
    then
        ...clean up....
        ...restart ser....
    fi

    sleep 5
done
and put this line in your inittab:
ww:345:respawn:/path/to/your/liveForever.sh