[Serusers] Jabber module...

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Dec 16 21:39:19 CET 2005

I was attempting to muck with the Jabber module from ser-0.9.4 stable
release... but, while the module compiles without a hitch, installing it kills
the server.

I get pages and pages of:

Dec 16 15:12:02 death /usr/local/sbin/ser[3993]: get_connection(): Inherited
open database connections, this is not a good idea

Messages in the log with the occasional

Dec 16 15:12:02 death /usr/local/sbin/ser[4000]: db_init(): Could not create a
connection

I didn't make any config changes.  The database exists and is accessible.  All
I did was load the module and set the modparams.

Is the Jabber module no longer really usable? If not, are there alternatives?
I know the new presence stuff uses an Xcap server, but I was kind of hoping to
hold off on all that until it became a little less constantly tinkered with. :)

N.