[Serusers] Help installation of SER!

carlos moreno twincm at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:32:40 CET 2005

Hi I am Carlos, from Venezuela
Thanks,

I found a Webpage with RPM files just for SER over FEDORA CORE 3 :
http://ftp.upjs.sk/pub/users/sal/Fedora/3/voip/

I have been also trying to install it for the FC2(with the same files, maybe
I am wrong) but I have the following problems:

1) MySQL 3.23.53a.-1.i386 does not work well,
there is a message which says:
"mysqld dead but subsys locked"  when I type   "/etc/init.d/mysqld status"
so,  there is a problem with MsQL that I should answer first. Update MSQL or
reinstall FEDORA CORE?

2) I have not found the RPM files for FEDORA CORE 2 yet.

I have just seen the webpage:
http://www.aarnet.edu.au/events/conferences/2004/apan-questnet/sipworkshop/ser-install.html

Bur it has information just for FEDORA CORE 1.

I think that I could install it on FEDORA CORE 3 but.....
Has anyone worked with SER over FEDORA CORE 3? Which is the correct process?

Thanks in advance,

                                               Carlos