[Serusers] SUBSCRIBEs and NOTIFYs timeout

Andrey Kouprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:03:53 CET 2005

    Hi,

  Im using ser 0.9.3. The PA and Watcher are located on my UA, so
basically my SUBSCRIBEs and NOTIFYs just need to be forwarded between
clients.

  Here's a part of ser.cfg that does the SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY
processing (please, note that I disabled the authentication for now):

  . . . . . .

  if(method=="SUBSCRIBE") {
       if(!lookup("location") ) {
	   log(1, "No registered user found for SUBSCRIBE request");
	   sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
	   break;
	};
   };

   if(method=="NOTIFY") {
	if (!lookup("location")) {
           log(1, "No registered user found for NOTIFY request");
	   sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
           break;
	};
   };

   if( !t_relay() ) {
      sl_reply_error();
   };

 . . . . . . . .

 The problem is that only SOMETIMES SUIBSCRIBEs and NOTIFYs get
through without any problem. However, MOST OF THE TIMES they get stuck
in the server. The message log does not show any errors and
tracesviewer tool shows only retransmissions for the issued requests.
In the end SER replies with 408 Timeout response. I have tried to use
forward(uri:host, uri:port) instead of t_relay(), but result is the
same.

 I have used eyeBeam to do the presence subscriptions, and the result
is the same as with my UA...

 Can you, please, explain to me what might have happened??? I am out of ideas.

     Andrey.