[Serusers] How can you check if From: SIP URI is Registered.

Leo Papadopoulos leo at telecomcto.com
Mon Dec 12 20:48:40 CET 2005

Dear SerUsers:

I am running SER 0.9.4 and have just finished reading all the README's of
all the modules, but cannot find what I am trying to do.

I want to check all incoming messages to see if the SIP URI in the "From:"
field is presently registered. I am using MySQL for registration and
authentication. If the SIP URI is the "From:" field is NOT registerd I want
to return a "403 Forbidden" message. I know that From: fields can be
spoofed, but I want to do this anyway.

Does anyone know of an existing module that can help with this? Or of anyway
to do this?

Leo P.