[Serusers] mysql.so

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Fri Dec 9 10:27:40 CET 2005

Hello Rajesh,

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 10:16 +0530, rajesh.rajguru at wipro.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded ser-0.9.4_src.tar . After compiling we found that
> mysql.so
> is not created. When I try to compile this module separately it gives
> error
> that mysql.h file is not present and when I check in modules/mysql, it
> is not
> present. How to build mysql.so module then ?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help
>
> Regards,
> Rajesh

You don't tell us which distro you are running. But in any case, it
looks like you are trying to install without having the mysql
development package for your distro. Depending on which distro you're
running, look out for something named mysql-devel or mysql-dev. This
package includes the mysql.h header file SER needs in order to include
support for MySQL.

Also, please look at the file called INSTALL in the ser 0.9.4 tarball.
Unlike most INSTALL files that comes with source code of just about any
other program, this one actually have a lot of relevant information.
This file is not a GNU build tools stub, it was created by humans! :-)
Please check out section 2, "Howto Build ser From Source Distribution".
You might have read it already, please take your time and read it again.
In any case, once you've got your mysql development files in place, a
"make all" should build the mysql module.

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins