[Serusers] Call hunting w/lcr, how to set diff q values?

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Mon Dec 5 15:57:51 CET 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 04:27:20AM +0200, Juha Heinanen wrote:

Hello Juha,

>  > When I try to add a user location with a different q value
>  > using the FIFO commands, the only q values that are accepted is 1.00 or
>  > lower, such as 0.99.
>
> this is how it should be according to rfc3261.

OK, looking at the RFC I see what you mean now.  I was first under the
assumption that you would want to use whole numbers, rather than
fractional numbers.

>  > However, these all seem to qualify as the same
>  > value as all of my locations are still contacted at the same time.  Does
>  > anyone have this working, and how did you add the user locations in
>  > regards to the q value?
>
> did you use load_contacts()/next_contacts() functions in your ser.cfg?

I did, but part of my problem was the fact that the SIP phone I was
using was still routing part of it's traffic through another SER that
didn't have those functions in the config file yet.  Now, it does work
as expected, load_contacts only returns the contacts with the highest
value, in my case a 1.00.   However, I can't seem to make it load the
next contacts.  I have in my failure route:

if (next_contacts()) {
  t_relay();
};

like the README file states, and I have verified that failure route is
getting executed when the first contact returns a 486.  Is there any
other place I need to add next_contacts or should just putting it in the
failure route be enough?

Thanks,

Brian