[Serusers] 483-too many hops

Michael Heckner ser at michas-zuhause.de
Sat Dec 3 16:03:39 CET 2005

Hi,

Within the INVITE, there is a Max-Forwards Header, which
limits the number of proxies that are visited during call
setup to ensure a reasonable time for call setup.

RFC 3261 recommends the amount of 70 hops (see RFC 3261,
8.1.1.6).

Depends on your phone, if you can change this parameter.

It seems that the Max-Forwards value sent by your SIP phone
is too small. Depending on your telephone set, you can check
the internal logs (e.g. Snom) for the configured value.

Hope this helps,

Michael