[Serusers] domain trouble

George Lambson LambsonGE at mtc.byu.edu
Thu Dec 1 00:27:00 CET 2005

Okay, that makes a lot of sense.

But...
I did it and changed the realm accordingly in my UA and now it won't authenticate with either realm.

What now?

The SIP_DOMAIN is only used for serctl as default domain (when you
create a new user without specifiying the domain of the SIP AoR).

You can specify the domain for which ser is responsibly (== myself) by
using the alias=... parameter in ser.cfg, e.g.:

alias=foo.com bar.com iptel.org mysipproxy.com

Then you can verify using e.g.

if (uri == myself) ...

Another approach is using the domain module. Then the domains are stored
in a DB table and you can add/delete domains without restarting ser.
Then you have to use the functions provided my the domain module, e.g.
if (is_uri_host_local()) ...

regards
klaus