[Users] Dispatcher vs. LCR?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Dec 20 17:13:53 CET 2005

On 12/20/05 16:56, Matt Schulte wrote:
> Ok, other than the fact that you have pattern matching in lcr, what are
> the key differences between Dispatcher and LCR? Anyone have any examples
> or howto's to point me to?

dispatcher was designed to be fast in order to achieve sort of load
balancing. It just computes a hash over some parts of the messages and
decides where to send the request.

lcr is to select best route (usually based on cost policy).

The readme's are the starting point, i have in my to do a tutorial for
the new dispatcher, but will take some time.