[Serusers] forward breaks URI rewrite?

Chris Roberts croberts at bongle.co.uk
Mon Aug 29 18:02:04 CEST 2005

Heya,

This might be an obvious answer, but when I forward a packet to another box
using the forward() method, this seems to break the URI?
        rewriteuri("sip:test at test.co.uk");
        forward(x.x.x.x, 5060);

Now on my asterisk box and looking at ngrep, the test at test.co.uk has
disappeared, and asterisk takes the SIPDOMAIN as 'x.x.x.x', rather than
'test.com'.

Is this the desired behaviour? Is there a way to do what I want to do? I
need to be able to pick out the original SIPDOMAIN in asterisk even after
the packet has been forwarded by SER. People seem to have talked about doing
this, but I'm not sure how I can forward it without obliterating the URI.

Cheers,
Chris.