[Serusers] Hairpin solutions?

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Fri Aug 26 16:16:15 CEST 2005

Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> beg my pardon, but I don't really think that one needs a session border control, particularly
> becasue of the reasons related to bad scalability, bandwidth waste and latency. Sinle point
> of failure is another concern.

Yes, I wasn't looking for "far end" (in the service provider) solutions,
but the "near end" seems appropriate...

Anyway, I was looking for a smaller solution, something for small
offices, from 2 to 10-20 phones.

Now I was asking myself if an Asterisk solution could work.
Can Asterisk work as a SIP proxy behind a NAT?
Does it have a STUN client?

Thanks.

> At 02:20 PM 8/26/2005, Carlo wrote:
>

>>What you need is a session border control.
>>Try this link from Jasomi : http://www.jasomi.com/ppfes.html
>>or this from Kagoor ( now Juniper ) http://www.juniper.net/customers/support/products/vf1000.jsp
>>

>>Federico Giannici ha scritto:
>>

>>>Considering that we DON'T want to use an RTP Proxy (bad scalability, waste of bandwidth and longer delays), is there any solution to the "hairpin" problems?
>>>
>>>Are there any "boxes" that look at the SIP messages and short-circuit calls from and to the local network?
>>>

>>>Thanks.

> Jiri Kuthan            http://iptel.org/~jiri/

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it