[Serusers] 487 hop to hop????

Thu Aug 25 23:39:38 CEST 2005

Greg Fausak wrote:
> The main argument I'm getting is that the totag is different when the
> SER proxy responds to the CANCEL with a 200 and then a 487.
> The 487 totag does not match the original 183's totag.  The Via/branch
> matches OK, but the developers here are relying on the totag to
> match the 487 to the INVITE/183 transaction, not the CANCEL 'transaction'.

section 12.3 Termination of a Dialog:

    Independent of the method, if a request outside of a dialog generates
    a non-2xx final response, any early dialogs created through
    provisional responses to that request are terminated.  The mechanism
    for terminating confirmed dialogs is method specific.  In this
    specification, the BYE method terminates a session and the dialog
    associated with it.  See Section 15 for details.

Thus, the to-tag of the 487 is irrelevant, as 487 terminates all early
dialogs of this request.

klaus