[Serusers] 487 hop to hop????

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Aug 25 19:12:32 CEST 2005

Greg Fausak writes:

 > The 487 would come all the way from the UAS to the UAC. However,
 > what I'm seeing is SER is responding with a 487 at each hop.

it is correct behavior when ser is operating statefully.

 > I've attached an .rtf file of the trace overview, it shows the 183s
 > coming end to end, from the uas to the uac, but the 487s are being
 > generated by the ser proxies hop to hop.

that is correct, because even statefull proxy must forward provisional

 > t_relay is a transaction/stateful, forward is not.

yes.

by the way, my test code didn't work.  the problem is that ser receives
487s from the other branches also in case then ser itself cancels the
other branches.

looks like the best solution would be a function that can be used in
failure route to test if the transaction in question has been canceled
by uac.  i don't know if it currently possible to make such
test.

-- juha