[Serusers] Access Denied Error in SER setup

Bhaskar Bhumkar Bhaskar.Bhumkar at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 25 02:03:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

In the process of setting up the SER proxy server, I always get the
following error :

# /usr/sfw/bin/mysqladmin -h <my_machine_name> -u mysql password
'viperdodge'
/usr/sfw/bin/mysqladmin: unable to change password; error: 'Access
denied for user: '@<my_machine_name>' to database 'mysql''

I am referring to the following document for setting up the proxy
server :

http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/solaris_as_sip/solaris_as_sip.html

I could finish upto step 5.3 i.e. I finished the test run
successfully, however I am having a problem in setting up the root
password. If I skip this step and go ahead, I get the following
error whenever I try to use serweb using
http://<my_machine_name>/admin :

Database error: pconnect(<my_machine_name>, ser, $Password) failed.
MySQL Error: ()
Session halted.

I tried all the options as per the MYSQL manual which is available at :

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/access-denied.html

But it's not of much help to me.

I will appreciate if somebody has any pointers for this.

Thanks,
Bhaskar...