[Serusers] www_challange and proxy_challange

Wed Aug 24 09:31:47 CEST 2005

If the proxy is the endpoint of the request, it should use www_auth.
If the proxy is an intermediate hop, it should use proxy_auth.

Thus, usually you use:
- www_auth for REGISTER
- proxy_auth for INVITE, BYE, MESSAGE, ...

I'm little bit unsure how to challange PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE as they
might be terminated in the proxy (pa module) or in the client (end2end
presence).

My personal opinion: authentication of out-of-dialog messages is a must.
authentication of in-dialog requests should be relaxed due to broken
clients.

regards
klaus